Monday, May 7, 2012

Natural Dyeing - Playing with Vegetables

I was so excited to make this project - Natural dyeing.  I have heart about natural dye for years.  I just don't have chance to try it.  Now here you go.  It is so much fun to play with those vegetables.  Ha!  Usually I just make them as food.

I have read lots of website talking about how to make this.  I think this site has lots information.  http://www.pioneerthinking.com/crafts/crafts-basics/  
Wow, I don't know there are so many plants/vegetables that can be made as natural dye materials.  
These pictures are the result of my first try.  I have collected onion skin for a while.  I asked from my family to collect onion skin for me.  They are so helpful.  When they heart this natural dye from onion, they are just so shock and curious.  

Onion Dye
These two different colors are all from onion skin dye.  They are just different batch, amount of onion skin. I really don't know they can be different color like this.  I am so enjoy the process.
Onion dye2
Purple cabbage dye
This is purple cabbage dye.  Still in process.  It was like violet but after I put a drop of vinegar, the color changed to like wine.  I know after I wash it, the color will be much lighter than this color.  When I was simmering these cabbage, it smelled so good.  It's like I am cooking some food with cabbage.  Makes me hungry. ^________^

I am also very excited to do dandelion root dye.  Since summer is coming, we will get lots of dandelion around the house.  I think I can turn those hateful weeds to be a nice color dyeing materials.  Isn't is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete